Chasing Contentment

Saturday, July 7

Now that we're into our second year of life in Florida and I've made a to-do list for this year, I think it's probably time for me to think about - and to articulate -some of the things that I already love about living here.

So here we go...

Chel's Fabulous Florida List
1. Mike enjoys his new job and is teaching at a college where he is able to teach what he believes about journalism without censorship or fear.
2. Neither of us are threatened with losing our jobs because we attend the 'wrong' church.
**These two need to forever be at the top of my list as a reminder of how God uses times of tension and ... lots of other mucky things... to teach us and as a reminder that He does eventually rescue us from what we feel like is our own little hell.
3. Being close to Chuck, Stacy, Hayden and Hannah.
4. Flip-flops all year.
5. Less allergies for me and both kids... I suppose it's something about the air or the lack of trees here or less pollen or a newer house with less ick in the walls than our old one. I don't really know & don't really care. We're all taking less meds for allergies and asthma, and I think that's a good thing.
6. Recycling.
7. A young stylist who is a color wizard (I'm dark brown, kinda red as of today.)
8. The weather... it's never cold here. And the sun always shines. This bright, can't-really-be-real bright with clear blue skies and puffy white clouds. Honestly, it looks like it can't possibly be real.
9. Spring training.
10. We're located between Orlando and Tampa, so I'm never more than 45 minutes away from a LUSH store and another pot the best facial mask ever.
11. A Starbucks on every corner (I'm currently loving the orange passion tea.).
12. Panera bagels.
13. The beach.
14. Outdoor produce markets.
15. December strawberries. Really good strawberries.
16. Lots of groovy things to do for the kids.

I'm going to keept working on the list. I'm sure there are tons of other things, but there's more Live Earth to watch.

[  posted by Chel on Saturday, July 07, 2007  ]
[   5 comments  ]


5 Comments:

I know I would have loved Miami for #4, #5, #8 . . . oh so many more, too. What about palm trees? I think they are such beautiful trees. And the flowers and beautiful animals you have down yonder there. You also need to add "not having to see snow", but then you probably didn't see it in LA either, did ya? Wanna trade states for a week? And by that I mean this week. You can help pack up my boxes. Fair trade, right? :)

Have a great Sunday, Chel.

By Blogger Unknown, at 8:05 PM  

The palm trees are actually quite lovely. The landscape really does look completely different here. My friend, Aleece, commented on that when she visited here.

And no, I don't want to pack your boxes. Having to pack ours a year ago nearly flipped me out completely. Good luck to you.

By Blogger Chel, at 2:08 PM  

Well, I'm glad you're finding some things to celebrate, but you have not inspired me to make a list of the reasons I'm glad I've stayed in the place you left.

By Blogger Stonethrower, at 3:21 PM  

Well, though Central Louisiana's list may be brief, the people we left behind are cetainly at the top of the list of the things we miss about Pineville. And you are welcome to come and enjoy central Florida's finer points whenever you wish. -- Mike

By Blogger Chel, at 3:54 PM  

Well, thank you for finally leaving a comment! We miss you like crazy, you know.

By Blogger Chel, at 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment