Chasing Contentment

Saturday, March 22

One of the blogs that I found during the Ultimate Blog Party is written by Jessie, who, as it turns out, lives in a town about 30 minutes away from us. Now that the crazy busy Easter season is past, she and I are going to get together in real life. How exciting is that?!

Anyway, she tagged me for a fun game, so I'm going to play along.

1. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment letting them know they've been tagged and to ask them to play along and to read your blog.


What I was doing 10 years ago - 1998
* I was pregnant with Griff.
* Working as Assistant Director of College Communications at a small, liberal arts college.
* Hating my jack*&@ of a boss.
* Waiting for Mike to decide if he would continue to work as a reporter for the state Baptist newspaper or take a job teaching at the same college I worked at... his alma mater.
* Thinking about buying the house we were renting.
* Loving Mike.

Five things on my to-do list today -
1. Remember Chick Fil A Spirit Night for Griff's school (show school spirit AND not cook? I'm there!).
2. Read at least one chapter in the textbook for the insurance self-study course I'm taking (I'm wwaayyyy behind.).
3. Read a chapter in my Bible (I'm trying to start a daily reading again... starting slow).
4. Accomplish my entire to-do list at work (YAY, I did!).
5. Exercise.

Snacks I enjoy -
1. Chocolate.
2. Baked Lays.
3. Lucky Charms.
4. Raw carrots.
5. Hummus.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire -
1. Quit my job!!!
2. Pay off my mortgage and car payments. And then, I'd pay off the mortgages of my dearest friends.
3. I'd buy the house next door to us and kick the crazy renters out. I'd furnish it with nice but not overly comfortable things so that family and friends could come stay next door, but not stay too long.
4. I'd tithe. Of course, since we still don't have a church, I'd tithe it to Habitat for Humanity and the March of Dimes.
5. Pay off all of our debt and set up college funds for the kids.
6. Buy a never-ending Starbucks card.

Five of my bad habits -
1. Drinking too much Diet Coke.
2. Thinking bad things about myself in my head.
3. Pulling my cuticles.
4. Spending too much on beauty/bath/hair care.
5. Driving too fast (ironic given that I work for an auto insurance company in their claims department).

Five places I have lived -
1. Arkansas - grew up in one little town & went to college in another
2. Louisiana
3. Florida
(I'm not much of a move around girl.)

Five jobs I've had -
1. Babysitter (every summer through high school)
2. Receptionist/secretary/go get lunch girl for my dad's business (not such a swell gig)
3. Associate Director of College Communications, liberal arts college
4. Temp agency worker (shortest job I've ever had)
5. Claims adjuster, auto insurance

I tag...
1. Alexis - Ramblings from Life
2. Christy - After a Cup of Coffee or Two
3. Amanda - Oh, Amanda!
4. Bee - Will Blog for Shoes
5. Val - Purple Valley

[  posted by Chel on Saturday, March 22, 2008  ]
[   6 comments  ]


6 Comments:

Your snack choices are pretty healthy! Mine are sugar, sugar, sugar, carb, carb!
I'll play along! I'll let you know when I've got mine up (probably tomorrow)!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:47 PM  

I thought chocolate was pretty all-encompassing. :) And I was so annoyed this afternoon when Eliza at the last of the Lucky Charms. I tried to talk her into Cheerios, but she wasn't having any of it. Dang it.

By Blogger Chel, at 6:01 PM  

I LOVE your Starbucks card idea!!! And I learned something new about you that I have a bad habit of, too --- picking my cuticles. I HATE IT! But I keep telling Neil that my habits could be MUCH worse!! I will do this - I love memes!

By Blogger Unknown, at 6:27 PM  

I'll save this for a dry spell when I can't think of anything to post :)

and I drive too fast, and would love a never-ending Starbucks card, too!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:23 PM  

Mine's up!
I bent the rules a smidge!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:29 AM  

Yay! I'm going to do it!

By Blogger ohAmanda, at 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment