Chasing Contentment

Friday, August 20

It must be difficult for children to rear happy, contented mamas. I finally realized I've felt so sad this week because Griffin's had such a big, growing up week. And while I rarely - consciously - feel sad about him getting older, clearly this week was different. He promoted at church on Sunday, started first grade on Monday, lied to me about getting in trouble on Tuesday, and left his homework at school on Thursday. He's getting to be such a ... boy.

And then, today, I realized he'll be in with the big kids for Wednesday night services at church, and that was when it occured to me that it had been a really big week for us... for him. And now that I know that's why I'm sad, maybe I can just acknowledge the sadness and move on.

I want for him to grow up to be a kind, caring, Godly man, and I think he's well on his way, and that pleases me. I am so thankful for having the opportunity to be his mama. May he always be patient with me when I struggle with letting him be more than I'm ready for him to be.

[  posted by Chel on Friday, August 20, 2004  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment