Chasing Contentment

Tuesday, April 19

My dear friend, A, turns 30 today... a wonderful, monumental day. I admire her for her creativity most of all. She is, in all she does, creative. Her thoughts turn to color and light and shading, and she is, in the end, regardless of what she does to earn her living, an artist.

She is also an idealist. Poor thing, she has to put up with my endlessly practical nature clashing with her perpetually idealistic self. She sees the potential in everything and everyone, though sometimes the gap between the actual and the potential disappoints her.

She is kind and loving and has a faith that is hers alone. It isn't a product of her childhood or of someone else or something else. It is hers. She has worked toward it.

I know that I love the affirmation of those around me - for just any reason at all - and so, I try to give that to those I love, in return. So today, in honor of your birthday - yay, you, A.

[  posted by Chel on Tuesday, April 19, 2005  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment