Chasing Contentment

Friday, April 29

I get an email each morning with a random Scripture verse in it. Today's seemed fitting for my day.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Philippians 4:6-8 NIV

My oldest and dearest friend is having a milestone day today. She is pregnant with their second child, a daughter, and she is working her very last full day as a school teacher. This is a brand-new phase in her life, one which she and her husband have worked diligently to make possible. She will stay home with their pre-schooler and the baby and be an amazing full-time, stay-home mom.

I am excited for her to be able to live this dream. I am pleased for her family because they are getting an amazing woman who is willing to dedicate her life to them. I am, though, saddened that I will probably not be in contact with her as much for a while, and so this verse was encouraging to me.

I know from life's experience that there are ebbs and flows in all relationships, and I also know that this one has withstood the test of a whole lotta time already. I know that our friendship will survive and thrive even without daily contact. And this verse reminded me that all things are possible.

And so I wish my dear L a happy last day and an amazing beginning to this new path she walks, this new and precious journey.

[  posted by Chel on Friday, April 29, 2005  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment