Chasing Contentment

Friday, May 6

I'm home yet again, still sick. It's been forever since I was this sick for this long. The meds have made me sleepy but at the moment, unable to sleep.

I've been reading lots about the Myers-Briggs Personality Typing lately, and I took the quiz to determine my own type. I tend to be skeptical of things like this, and so I was delighted to find that the results of my quiz were very true to my personality. I'm an ESFJ, which stands for Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging. Apparently, there are only 13 percent of people who fall into this category. It's a nurturing personality type, which is certainly mine.

This link tells about the ESFJ, as does this one. Much of the description describes me well. I appreciate the reinforcement of the positive aspects of my personality, and I find it interesting that some of my perceived negative traits are characteristic of this personality type.

It get frustrated with the excuse of 'oh, I can't change that. It's just who I am.' I don't want to do that. I want to play up the positive with abandon while also looking at the things in my person that I don't like and find useful ways to reshape those characteristics.

I love the notion that God made each of us in a particular way with particular traits and qualities, and I love that He puts us in contact with people who need the characteristics that we have, and in turn, who have the aspects of love that we need. As we talk with Griff about God and about things that we can and cannot understand about God, I know that His grand plan is something I cannot grasp. It is, however, something in which I put my full faith. Without it, what is there? With it, all is possible.

[  posted by Chel on Friday, May 06, 2005  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment