Chasing Contentment

Monday, June 20

Mike took Griff to meet my folks yesterday for Griff's annual week-long summer visit with them. It's an event steeped in family history. I remember going to spend time with my father's parents when I was a child, and my dad tells stories about going to his grandfather's farm when he was a boy. I am impressed with the importance of that bond with extended family.

Mike and I are blessed that we have parents (and after his mom's passing, his dad's new wife as well) who love us and who love our children. I think those deep ties with grandparents do lots to shape us as we are children. It gives us a link both to who we are and to where we come from, in the best of ways.

And so I'll miss Griff this week while he's gone (though we're both enjoying diving into foods Griff's allergic to and thus we miss when he's with us), but I know that this time with my family is good for him. I know that he is learning about God and His love as he interacts with all of these people who love him.

[  posted by Chel on Monday, June 20, 2005  ]
[   2 comments  ]


2 Comments:

Just dropped by, and say that I love the verse you put in your blog:

Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. Phillipians 4:11


God bless you.

By Blogger Danny, at 10:47 AM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment