Chasing Contentment

Wednesday, July 6

Being a very girly-girl, I love bright new things and decorations, and so I'm thrilled with the new look of Chasing Contentment. It's thanks to a free template from Karysima and the dedication and creative/technical skills of my friend, Aleece, who tweaked the original template to make it reflect my style. My great thanks go to Aleece for giving me such a beautiful place in which to write.

I didn't comment here on the whole 'runaway bride' thing a month or so ago, though I certainly shared my opinions with those around me. I find it irresponsible of this woman to put her family and friends through such worry (not to mention costing the law enforcement agencies both time and money).

And then this weekend, I saw a story about a woman who called off her wedding 12 days before the big day. Since her parents had already paid for the reception, they invited the residents of a homeless shelter to enjoy the meal (and sent all of the remaining food - three to four days' worth - to the shelter) and a night out. What a wonderful way to take a negative situation and create something positive with it.

In searching for contentment, I think that's one of the things I'm supposed to do in this life... actively look for ways to create positives from negatives. Seeking God first (and energetically) is the only way - I'm sure - to find the strength needed to find positive aspects to negative situations. I believe that He can make anything work for His glory.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 The Message

[  posted by Chel on Wednesday, July 06, 2005  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment