Chasing Contentment

Monday, July 11

It seems a lot of the time like most of life happens in the in-between places where we aren't struggling but aren't enjoying that bliss we all so want either. For me, it's in those places where I am most challenged to call upon the Lord to show me His way. It's in those places where I beg Him to have patience with me as I seek to maintain a good attitude.

The doctor this morning didn't give us good news about Mike's hearing. But he didn't give us bad news, either. It felt more like he was simply presenting us with information. We will take that information and begin to make some decisions.

While Mike doesn't like the idea either of spending as much money as will be required or of having to wear two hearing aids when he's not yet 35 (the doctors kept saying how odd it was for someone so young to have so much hearing loss), I think he will eventually come around to it. (The idea that Eliza might be saying things to him that he simply cannot hear may be what turns the tide for him.)

This is one of those situations in which we know that if this progresses much beyond where he is now, and if the hearing aids don't turn out to be the magic help the doctors suggest they will, we will be looking at lots of changes.

And in the grey areas of those changes are the places where we will need the Lord the most. For now, I am content to know that He knows our future and that His plans for us are for good.
I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out--plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. Jeremiah 29:11 The Message

[  posted by Chel on Monday, July 11, 2005  ]
[   1 comments  ]


1 Comments:

As a pastor I can give you hope in that fact that God will make a way. As a friend, I ache for you and Mike. This is a scary thing. I wish I could make it all better. Love you all I do.

By Blogger Bro. Craig, at 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment