Chasing Contentment

Thursday, July 14

My perception of things is very much based in the relationships I have. I've been blessed by God to have had several dear, Christian friends through the years - women who've known me as a girl and as a woman, who've seen me at my best and worst. I am humbled when I consider how much these women have given to my life.

This weekend, Tara, Mika, and I are scheduled to meet in a little town mid-ways for all of us to spend the weekend together. We've planned to eat good food and laugh and visit. Of course, it always seems like life challenges the best plans... I'm fairly sure I have come down with a case of shingles (my left side is so sore!), and we spent all night last night with a feverish Eliza. Thankfully, I've been able to get doctor's appointments for both of us, and I'm still hopeful that the trip will work out for me.

As I get older, it's harder to make new friends. I don't have the time to devote to nurturing a friendship that I did when I was younger. So many other things vie for my time - worthwhile things, to be sure - and I find myself with more friendly acquaintances than with close friends. And because of that, I'm ever-mindful of how fortunate I am to have these women in my life.

God has used both of them through the years, at various times, to show me things about myself that needed work.
You use steel to sharpen steel,and one friend sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17 The Message

I'm thankful they've been willing to be used by God in my life and in the lives of those around them. And I'm eager to see them and share in-person time and to make new memories to encourage us when we need a reminder that we are loved.

[  posted by Chel on Thursday, July 14, 2005  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment