Chasing Contentment

Friday, July 29

Taped onto my computer monitor is a quote that I cut out of our weekly religious newspaper several years ago. I like to have it close so that when I become discouraged about the arguements going on within religious circles, I can reassure myself that it isn't all about this or that rigid thought pattern, at least not for me.

"The most important religious distinction is not between those who worship and those who do not... but between those who love and those who don't." Anthony deMello

I've looked at that quote a lot this week as I've been discouraged and disappointed as I've seen too many incidents of people making too much of the little things and not enough of the big things like love and sharing Christ.

I know enough to know that I cannot control - or even attempt to influence, in some cases - the things that are swirling around me, but I can control how I view situations and what I focus on myself. And I can control what I tell my children is important. I can focus on love.

[  posted by Chel on Friday, July 29, 2005  ]
[   3 comments  ]


3 Comments:

This was a good post for me today - reminding me that I love because He first loved me.
Thankyou.

By Blogger Catez, at 9:31 AM  

Sometimes I think you write your blog just for ME! ;)

By Blogger Jana, at 6:29 AM  

Jana - I write it just for me. But I do write with a willingness to be used by God to touch others. I'm glad you enjoy my quirky, crazy, trying-my-best posts.

By Blogger Chel, at 6:51 AM  

Post a Comment