Chasing Contentment

Tuesday, July 19

What a breath of fresh air last weekend was! Despite four kids, two husbands, three jobs, pharmacy school, a Florida trip, and lots of miles, God brought me together with old friends for a delightful three days.

I've known Mika and Tara since college - it's been more than a decade of us keeping in touch. We shared about the struggles to stay in touch, and they laughed at my description of my own stalker-style friendship (once you're my friend... you're my friend pretty much forever, though I'm learning with age that the stalker approach isn't right for everyone).

I've always considered my friendships to be a very important part of my life, and these dear women reinforced to me why that is. They remind me of what is so very good in me, and they help me laugh at what is not so good. This weekend, they encouraged me and supported me and helped me see some things that I needed to see. I feel renewed after our time together.

God has blessed me with friends who not only accept me as I am but who inspire me to be better. I admire each of them for who they are and for what they are doing with their lives. I am humbled by their friendship - these amazing women pray for me and with me, and I with them. What a precious gift from God!

Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart. Philippians 1:3-4 The Message

[  posted by Chel on Tuesday, July 19, 2005  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment