Chasing Contentment

Thursday, August 18

I'll take little bits of encouragement wherever I can find them. I don't necessarily believe that God programs the songs on the radio to encourage me, but I do believe that He can use whatever my heart is open to at the time, whatever allows Him a little closer to my needs.

On the XM this morning, I heard the Nickleback song, "Someday," and its refrain struck me. While the song is about a relationship, the refrain could apply to anything. At this moment, it feels like my life.

Someday, Somehow
I'm gonna make it all right but not right now
I know you're wondering when
Things are going to be difficult for us for a while because of outside circumstances, but I know that it will be okay at some point. And I know that I'm going to be asking God when, when will it be all right. But I also like remembering that it will be all right at some point. I like knowing that God already knows when this will be the most difficult and when it will be finished.

As long as He knows and I trust Him to make it right, then we'll be okay, I think.

[  posted by Chel on Thursday, August 18, 2005  ]
[   2 comments  ]


2 Comments:

LOL Other than the fact that I want, and cannot have, an XM radio, I was encouraged by your post. I truly was. Thank you for listening to the Lord. Thank you for sharing here like you do.

By Blogger Bro. Craig, at 11:52 AM  

Thank you for the blogging encouragement. My hope is that God can work through me if I am open about what He's doing in my life.

As for the XM, I got it for Mike for Valentine's Day, and he put it in my car for a trip, and it just somehow never made it back to his truck. :) Lucky me.

By Blogger Chel, at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment