Chasing Contentment

Monday, August 1

I've never been diligent about having a daily quiet time with God, and I've become convinced this summer that I need to do that. On July 1, my goal was to have a time each day - through the month - to spend with God.

I like to start new things on new days... first of the week, first of the month, etc. That method seems to fit best with my organized ways. And I liked the idea of only committing to this for a short time period... I could reevaluate on the 31st.

Of course, I now see such value in that time with God that I plan to continue. And I'm pleased with myself for sticking with this for an entire month. While it would be wrong to say I had a quiet time each day, I did it more days than I didn't, and that's something.

So I'm keeping that on my calendar (embarrassingly enough, if I write something down - even this sort of thing - on my planner, I'm more likely to do it) and for August, I'm going to add something new.

I tend to be an all or nothing, either/or sort of girl despite the fact that I see much of life in shades of grey rather than black and white, and so I get caught up in having to do something all the time or every day if I want to try a new endeavor. This process has helped me see that some better is still better, that trying but not being completely successful is not necessarily failing.

[  posted by Chel on Monday, August 01, 2005  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment