Chasing Contentment

Monday, August 22

There are times when moving forward is my only goal. I'm not looking to accomplish much or to change things. I simply need to focus on doing the best I can with this one moment in time, trusting that God will care for all of the rest of the moments. In truth, He's caring for this one as well, thankfully.

I look around some days and see such improper, immoral things, and I am discouraged. I see such heartache and pain, and I am saddened. There is such uncertainty around that sometimes, that in itself, is the only certainty.

And in these days when I'm trying to find the middle ground of life that feels comfortable to me - not threatening and not compromising - I remind myself over and again that I know in Whom my foundation stands. And I know that He not only holds the future, but He knows this very moment in time, the ones in which I sometimes feel so lost.

In this, I am aware of God's hand on my life because my heart is peaceful, if heavy.

[  posted by Chel on Monday, August 22, 2005  ]
[   1 comments  ]


1 Comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger Bro. Craig, at 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment