Chasing Contentment

Friday, August 12

This time alone with Mike has been good for both of us, for our marriage. We've always believed that the best way for us to be good parents was for us to have a good marriage. The parenting stems from the marriage foundation. And, sometimes, the daily stuff of life... the always having one child or another in the bed between us or in the conversation ... wears us down.

This trip has been relaxing (for me, mostly, as Mike's actually attending sessions at the conference) and has given us time to spend alone, talking and remembering what we love about one another as individuals, not simply as co-parents.

Tomorrow's our 11th anniversary... how wonderful! I think anything is a reason to celebrate, but anniversaries are so dear. I'm blessed that God put me with a man who compliments me beautifully. He drives me crazy, makes me crazy, but he's also exactly who I need. I thank God that He knew that, that He planned our togetherness and kept us each single until we found one another.

Today is my friend Aleece's anniversary... 10th. I've always liked that our anniversaries were so close together. It gives us another opportunity to encourage and support one another. I wish for Aleece and her husband all of the good that marriage has to bring and not more than a smidgen of burden for the next year.

I just read that yesterday was also Marla's anniversary.

Happy, strong marriages to us all.

[  posted by Chel on Friday, August 12, 2005  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment