Chasing Contentment

Monday, September 19

Much like I am seeking contentment, I'm also always striving for balance. Balance isn't something I do really well. I tend to be an all-or-nothing sort of girl, very one way or another. But I know the value of balance, and I'm working toward it, even if those steps are tiny ones.

I don't usually do a lot of linking to other posts, but this morning, I found a few that I really liked and wanted to mention.

Mom in the Mirror talks about finding that delicate balance between saying 'yes' too much and saying 'no' too much and about the pitfalls of being too one way or the other. I completely understand that dilemma.

IreneQ poses two questions about what we would choose if we were given the choice between beauty, wealth, or intelligence, and I'm not at all sure my answer would be the noble one. Through the years, I've struggled a lot with my self-image, and that's one of the things I'd like to get all wrapped up in a neat little package. Those nasty little threads keep snagging, though, leaving me in the same place as before.

Again, a little balance would help me. The need for balance is one reason I think Mike and I work well together. We tend to fill in the gaps in one another's needs.

[  posted by Chel on Monday, September 19, 2005  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment