Chasing Contentment

Monday, September 12

We've all been under the weather lately, thanks to a stomach virus Eliza brought home (she's such a giver!). We're all feeling better - though not 100% yet - and I've got a better perspective on what we can be doing to volunteer.

Mike's dad and his wife live in Baton Rouge, and their church is active in helping with the Katrina Relief efforts. I see so many people from around our area pitching in and helping, and part of my guilt stemmed from us not helping more. Yet, when I consider those who are giving their days at the shelters, many are retired (like Mike's folks) and better able to give that time.

I feel better now because I believe that we are doing what we can. And that is enough. Certainly, we would like to do more, to give more. But for now, we do what we can, and that is something. That is enough.

[  posted by Chel on Monday, September 12, 2005  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment