Chasing Contentment

Friday, November 11

As with most things in my life, I put a lot of thought into the hows and whys of my blog. I have specific things that I want both for it and from it, and I work really hard to make sure that my posts fit into the image that I have for this blog.

I want my blog - like I want my home - to be nurturing and comforting... like a big, yummy hug. The blogs and sites that I link to give me some of that in some way... they make me smile. I'm not saying that all of my links will be for everyone. They're really there for me... if someone else benefits, that's a bonus.

One of my dearest friends is very different from me. She brings so many new and interesting perspectives and ideas to my life, and I am so grateful for her. I've added some new links to my lists today, and most of them are different from my blog in that their authors are in different stages of life or in different countries or both.

I've added .:[smatlife]:. which is written by Tammy in Ontario, a single girl who is newly engaged. Retrospective is written by a my-aged woman living in New Zealand. Miss Stephanie's Misc. Musings is written by a young girl, reminding me of younger days. Notes in the Key of Life is written by radio personality Cindy Swanson.

May I learn and laugh and grow from these new reads.

[  posted by Chel on Friday, November 11, 2005  ]
[   5 comments  ]


5 Comments:

Hi! Thanks for linking me! Just out of curiosity, how did you navigate in my general direction?

By Blogger Stephanie, at 9:53 PM  

Stephanie - Thanks for visiting. I honestly have no idea how I happened upon your blog. I tend to flit around until I find things I enjoy.
Chel

By Blogger Chel, at 8:55 AM  

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. I'll be sure and return the favor! :)

By Blogger Cindy Swanson, at 3:27 AM  

Well I'm glad you found some enjoyment in my randomness :)

I LOVE your format by the way: very cute!

By Blogger Stephanie, at 11:49 AM  

I think it helps me to read the blogs of single Christian women as I try to be a supportive friend to my single friends.

And thanks for the design compliment. Isn't it lovely?! It's a template I found online that my friend, Aleece, (the crisper) modified significantly to better look like me.

I like sunflowers...always reaching their pretty faces to the sun... just as I know I need to always be turning my face to God.

By Blogger Chel, at 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment