Chasing Contentment

Tuesday, November 22

I am never disappointed in my God. So very often, when I am at a moment of confusion or deep sadness or personal disappointment, God sends His encouragement in His ways... always the ways that I need to be encouraged most.

Just when I was feeling heartbroken with my ideas of friendship, an old friend emailed out of the blue to see if we would be our hometown at the same time this week and if we could meet. A friend on vacation checked in with me when she didn't have to do so.

Another far-away friend emailed to ask her 'prayer warrior' friends and family to pray for a specific need in her family. To be included in such a group is, for me, the very highest compliment. I am humbled, as always, by how our God provides and protects.

I don't have any more answers to my questions than I did yesterday, and I don't have much contentment yet about where I go from here in terms of some of my relationships, but I do have a peace, knowing that God sent those people to communicate with me just when I needed that communication most.

[  posted by Chel on Tuesday, November 22, 2005  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment