Chasing Contentment

Thursday, December 22

I have SiteMeter on my blog not so much because I care how many people visit my blog (thought it is flattering when anyone stops by to read and visit!) but more so because I find it endlessly fascinating to see where people come to my blog from and to see the Google searches that get them here to Chasing Contentment.

Obviously, there are lots of 'contentment' searches, but lately I've been getting lots of people visiting here looking for the recipe to the Oreo Truffles I mentioned earlier this month. So, in case anyone checks back, here's the recipe. It's really easy (though I find the dipping in chocolate a pain in the tush).

Oreo Truffles
1 block cream cheese
1 package Double Stuf Oreos
1 package chocolate chips
a little bit of vegetable oil

In a food processor (you can use a blender, but be careful to use the pulse feature so as to not burn up the motor - this is thick stuff!), blend the cream cheese and Oreos.

Put that in the fridge for a bit to set.

Microwave the chocolate chips with the oil (1 tsp. oil per cup of chips) until smooth. Form the Oreo mixture into balls and dip into the chocolate. Chill the dipped truffles to set the chocolate.

These are very rich, so make the truffles small.

My boys are big fans of these! Yum!

[  posted by Chel on Thursday, December 22, 2005  ]
[   8 comments  ]


8 Comments:

ummm...oh my...

That's going into MasterCook.

;-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:09 AM  

yum. i did miss this recipe but i'm afraid there is a walmart run in my future. i should have known you'd have a great oreo recipe. i can't eat oreos without thinking about eliza, tiny as she was, reaching into the cookie jar after dinner and joining us in an oreo dessert!

By Blogger shoelessruth, at 4:26 AM  

Eliza still loves Oreos - she's her daddy's girl, after all :) She pushed a big cooler up to the kitchen counter today to help herself to one of those truffles.

By Blogger Chel, at 1:28 PM  

My personality can be pretty competitive - even with myself. Sitemeter might have been a bad thing (lol).

And the gentlemen I'm seeing reminded me that a lot of the spam and soforth come from Asia and Russia, so...

To me, it's just as interesting to see where folks surfed to my site from.

;-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:49 AM  

i made the truffles this weekend. i used white almond bark since I had depleted my chocolate chip supply.. they were amazing. good thing i made only a half batch or kelvin and i would be very ill.

By Blogger shoelessruth, at 10:59 AM  

A house without chocolate chips seems like an unhappy house, Court. :) I like to eat them right out of the bag. I'll have to give you my chocolate chip muffin recipe sometime...easy & yummy. Another fave in our house.

And my grandmother sent a whole batch of truffles to us for Christmas, and we're still loving them.

By Blogger Chel, at 7:04 PM  

I'm not always a big fan of chocolate, but those truffles were great, Chel. They were gone very quickly. Thanks!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:07 AM  

OREO TRUFFLES?!? Oh. My. Delish.

By Blogger Jana, at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment