Chasing Contentment

Saturday, December 3

We're watching Christmas movies (I love that Lifetime and ABC Family play Christmas movies all through December!), and we're listening to Christmas music, and we've got the lights on the tree lit. But I must admit that it's hard to feel very Christmassy these days when the temps are hitting 80 degrees. Now, it's lovely outside, I freely admit. Just not very wintery.

Whether or not the weather feels holiday-ish enough for me, I still love quiet family Saturdays. We've spent the whole day together running errands and laughing, sharing chai lattes and peppermint hot chocolates from the Starbucks. While Eliza naps, my boys are riding bikes together. I told a friend yesterday that I do prefer times when all of my people are close by, and we've had a super close-by day.

When I was in my early teens, I began reading the Love Comes Softly series of books by Janette Oke. They were some of my first romance novels, and I adored them. I saw last night that the Hallmark channel is playing several of the movies (inspired by the books) tonight, so I've got them set to record in the DVR. I'm looking forward to seeing if the movies are as good as I remember the books being (though I rarely think any movie is as good as the book).

[  posted by Chel on Saturday, December 03, 2005  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment