Chasing Contentment

Tuesday, January 3

Hello, 2006! I have bright hopes for this new year of ours. I have several prayers that I'm expecting God to answer this year, though I have no idea what His answers might be. I enjoy the feeling of being immersed in the confidence that He will provide and that He will answer my pleas, and I am excited by the possibilities. I know there will be difficult patches, but I am encouraged nonetheless.

Aleece suggested several months ago that she might do the 101 Things in 1001 Days rather than setting resolutions this year, and I've been intrigued by the idea. I like planning, but I've not been very good about setting personal goals, and this would be a super way to plan, set goals, and envision a future for myself and my family.

I know, though, that my plans and my goals are nothing compared to God's, so I am entering this with the full knowledge that when my plans are disturbed by God's plans, it is a good thing and that when my goals are not God's goals, they need to be changed. One of the things I like best about the description of this 101 Things is that we should all welcome failure for the lessons it can teach us. I like that.

If I begin today, my 1001 days would be completed on September 30, 2008, two days after Mike's 37th birthday. It's a Tuesday, which is interesting because Tuesdays are some of my very favorite days.

Thus far, I've managed to list about six of my 101 things - it's much harder than I would have expected. But rather than waiting to finish the entire list, I think I'll go ahead and post what I have (maybe later today or tomorrow) and then add to it as I consider other goals.

Maybe finishing the list could be one of my goals. :) I think that brings my total up to 7!

[  posted by Chel on Tuesday, January 03, 2006  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment