Chasing Contentment

Monday, January 9

I like that old song... Mama said there'd be days like this, days like this, my mama said. Thing is, my mama didn't tell me about days like this. She didn't tell me about periods of life like this or situations like this.

And today, if I were to share all of this with my mama, she'd tell me to pray about it, which I am already doing fervently.

There are possible changes on our horizon, and I am remarkably content to let the Lord take the lead in them. I am comfortable with His timing and His plans for our lives. I never doubt that He has a purpose for us and that if we are willing, He will use us for His good. (And that is my greatest desire.)

But the here and now... ah, how sometimes that feels different. I've written before about how I believe that we need more than a simple faith in Christ to get through some of life's most difficult challenges. We need more than someone encouraging us to pray or reminding us that God has plans for us.

We need physical and emotional support from those closest to us. And my goodness, how I need that now. I feel so broken and weak and overwhelmed and unstable and uneasy and needy (ugh, one of the things I hate to be most) and sad. And this isn't an easy place for me to be, but I feel less and less able to avoid this place.

And so I'm adjusting my expectations of myself, giving myself the permission and ability to move around in this uneasy place in life in ways that feel safe and secure. And I am asking those friends dearest to me to pray for me - for us - as we go through this. And I am thankful when someone says, 'let me help.'

[  posted by Chel on Monday, January 09, 2006  ]
[   2 comments  ]


2 Comments:

two doors down...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 AM  

Praying for you. Caring for you...

By Blogger Bro. Craig, at 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment