Chasing Contentment

Monday, January 30

I sold a piece of my jewelry this weekend...right off my neck! It was crazy and thrilling all at once.

And our dear friend, Josh, is arranging for me to have a trunk show with some people he works with, so I can begin selling some pieces and doing more custom jewelry design work. I am delighted. And completely wigged out.

If all I had to do was make fun jewelry, I'd be good. But I think if I want to look at this as more than a momentary distraction, then I need to make sure it's all set up properly (from knowing the tax rules to setting up a pricing chart). And I don't do the business stuff well. It overwhelms and intimidates me... enough that I've considered telling Josh not to bother.

But my Mike has offered to help with the stuff that I'm not comfortable doing myself (partly because he's a sweet man and partly because he's tired of me saying everything's about him & nothing's about me), and Josh has these great ideas, and Aleece is going to design the paperwork things for me.

So I feel more comfortable with embarking upon something new. But I don't have a name yet. I used CreatedByChel for my Etsy shop, but I don't know that I want that for a business name. But I don't know at all what to call this new venture of mine.

Update... later today... I was thinking that Created By Chel was just too simple, a lazy way to go, and Josh emailed with this lovely explaination of why it might be just perfect. I'm so thankful for all of the people around me who are supporting me as I try something new.

As I've said before, new isn't so much something I try (outside of food and fashion), so this is a big step for me, and I'm quite sure I couldn't do it without all of these amazing people around me.

[  posted by Chel on Monday, January 30, 2006  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment