Chasing Contentment

Wednesday, January 18

I'm having one of those days when nothing feels quite right.

I have TMJ and so my visit to the dentist yesterday made last night and today uncomfortable. My never-ending headache reminds me that I think the makers of Advil should introduce an Advil patch that I could just wear constantly.

And one thing or another has left me feeling out-of-sorts and a little lost. I sometimes feel a little like I've spent the majority of my married life - and certainly the majority of our most recent years - waiting for Mike for one thing or another, and I wonder when it will be my time to be waited on. And those are pretty ugly thoughts, so I thought today would be the perfect day to post the list of answered prayers I've been working on for my 101 list.

If I can't change the circumstances around me (and some days I feel embarassingly like I can't change my initial reactions to them), then I can at least focus my attention to the work God is doing around me and take hope in that.

[  posted by Chel on Wednesday, January 18, 2006  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment