Chasing Contentment

Tuesday, February 28

It looks to be a glorious Fat Tuesday around here - the weatherman promises temps of almost 80 degrees! We're going to take the kids to the zoo to spend the afternoon since we're all off today.

This weekend, God answered yet another of our prayers. Initially, I was thrilled, but then I got to thinking about all that had to be done for this to work out, and I freaked out a bit. Almost immediately, I was ashamed of myself. I don't want to be like the Israelites I just spent so much time reading about.

It is easy for me to give God the big picture things in our lives because I don't think in big pictures. I'm the detail girl, and it's harder to give those things over to God. But I'm determined to do just that. My goal is to say a prayer each time my mind wanders into that freaked out place... to steady my thoughts and refocus my heart.

[  posted by Chel on Tuesday, February 28, 2006  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment