Chasing Contentment

Thursday, February 2

Today, I got a wonderful surprise. It is, in all honesty, quite possibly the very best surprise I can remember ever getting. How fun is that?!

Mike's brother, Chuck, and his wife, Stacy, sent us Royal Riviera Pears from Harry and David, and they arrived today. Out of the blue, for no reason at all!

I adore pears. They are my very favorite fruit, and my brother-in-law and I were talking about them at Christmas, about how I'd always wanted the ones from Harry and David but never had splurged on them. And Mike and I had decided that was what we were going to send Chuck for his birthday this year. But they beat us to it!

Pears! I can hardly wait to get home this evening and eat them. Yum.

Little surprises like this remind me that things are not always going to be as difficult as they are in this moment. I believe that God is working for our good and that if we will continue to rest in Him, we will be cared for and comforted.

[  posted by Chel on Thursday, February 02, 2006  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment