Chasing Contentment

Friday, February 24


Turns out, being married to a Ph.D. feels just as good the second day as it did the first! Mike's got this silly grin, still, and he's not really a silly grin kind of guy. This is an answered prayer like none other for us.

I didn't quite know how to expect to feel. Mike says this feels just like he'd expected, but I honestly couldn't envision it. In truth, it feels like lightness. There has been this weight on us for so long that we had gotten accustomed to the pressure of it. It never fit us well and was always uncomfortable, but we are used to it, nonetheless.

Without it, I feel positively weightless! I am proud beyond measure of Mike and the work he has done to accomplish this. I am also relieved beyond what I thought possible.

Griff is so excited for his dad. He and Eliza made posters last night to hang for Mike at the house, and Mandy and Josh came down when Mike got home. We all stood on the porch and yelled like silly people. It was fabulous!

[  posted by Chel on Friday, February 24, 2006  ]
[   4 comments  ]


4 Comments:

sounds like congrats are in order for you all. i think it's great that you "stood on the porch and yelled like silly people." sometimes it's those times that our loved ones can truly see our heart and how we feel.

blessings!
lisa

By Blogger Radical One, at 6:48 PM  

Days later, it's still hard to wipe the silly grins from our faces. :)

By Blogger Chel, at 6:57 PM  

Ha. I have found that if one can't see that God exists after an occassion like this, then there is no hope. Only by the grace of God do people endure what Mike has endured. Many fail. Many give up. Many things blow up. But he persevered and so did you all, to the end. You all did it!!!!!!! I am so excited for you all. Dr. Trice. Wow. Nice ring to that for sure!!!!!

By the way, I have this pain in my left side...

By Blogger Bro. Craig, at 1:27 PM  

I am so proud of Mike! But I am so proud of you as well. I have never known a more supportive and encouraging person than you! But still, that is not why I am proud of you! I am proud of you because you put him first. You put your kids first. You put your family as a whole first. You were completely selfless in this. I know at times it was hard for you. Yet, you did it willingly. It was a long hard road for all involved. You deserve a nod for just being who you are down deep. I am continually amazed at the wonderful person you are!
Lee Ann

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment