Chasing Contentment

Wednesday, March 22

And finally, the house is quiet. You know that moment when you suddenly realize that things are still and silent?

Mike's at the office again tonight (odd to think that this was the norm a year or so ago) and I haven't started the next load of laundry, and the tv is off, and the dog's asleep. Eliza finally gave up her fight against sleep, and the only sound is the falling rain. I love tender, quiet moments.

I had one of those moments the other night during my prayer time when I realized something, though the house certainly wasn't still or silent at that moment. For as long as I can remember, prayer was my main method of conversation with God, partially because my nature is relational and partly (I admit it) because I wasn't reading His word.

I've always kept a prayer calendar, and I pray for someone special on each day of the month. I realized earlier this week, though, that I'm not doing that the same as before. I'm still praying for these people, just in different times and ways. The time that I spend alone with God in the evenings has become more about the Bible, and I feel God leading me there.

I noted in my prayer journal that it is interesting to me that I feel like I'm spending less time with God because I'm not having those longer prayers that I have in the past, and yet, I feel God very close to me nonetheless. I'm not at all sure what it means, just that I find it interesting.

As always, I am humbled that God leads me where I need to be, sometimes without my even seeing Him leading at the time. I am thankful that when one aspect of my life with Him ebbs, another flows. And so it goes.

[  posted by Chel on Wednesday, March 22, 2006  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment