Chasing Contentment

Friday, March 10

"If you sweep a house, and tend its fires and fill its stove, and there is love in you all the years you are doing this, then you and the house are married, that house is yours." Truman Capote, "The Grass Harp"
I read that quote today at lunch in the new issue of "Real Simple" magazine, and it fills me.

I love this old house of ours, and I hate to leave it. It has come, I think, to represent the people and the life I am leaving behind. It has been shelter and warmth and joy and laughter to me, just as these dear friends have.

Each day, I draw a little closer to a new life and a little sadder about the one I leave. And yet, the peace is still very settled in my heart. I know this is the right choice.

[  posted by Chel on Friday, March 10, 2006  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment