Chasing Contentment

Saturday, March 18

It's early morning, and I have a few moments of quiet. Both of the kids are awake already, but they are engrossed in their own reasonably quiet activities. The hum of the washing machine and the little kid laughter on Disney give a calming rhythm to my morning.

I like these times when the house is messy but comforting, chaotic but protective. I've thought a lot this week about the things and people I will miss when we move, and it is heartbreaking in so many ways. Much like this house, our time here has been in turn, messy and comforting, chaotic and protective. We've been blessed here in this house and in this place in ways too numerous to count. I will forever to be grateful for the time we have spent here together.

Now that the realtor situation is remedied, and I've made progress with my moving to-do list (always with the lists), I'm feeling more comfortable with the move, too. I am excited about what God has planned for our lives in the months and years to come. I have felt a heaviness on my heart for some time now that maybe I've spent enough time working and living in a heavily Christian environment and that maybe I'm ready for God to put me in a different place where I can be of a different type of service to Him.

My prayer has been that God would put us where we could be of the greatest use to Him, and this move brings great anticipation of that.

In these early morning moments, I've made a few emails, checked on a few things & I'm going to call my moving activities done for the day. We're going to run fun errands later, and the biggest thing on my to-do list is going to be to play with the kids and to read a fun book. A dear friend reminded me yesterday that everything can't be about the move-work for the next few months, and she's right. So, today, we'll have some here fun.

[  posted by Chel on Saturday, March 18, 2006  ]
[   2 comments  ]


2 Comments:

What a great Saturday you had, Chel. Those are wonderful things to do...
The move might be overwhelming at times, so those moments with the kids and oneself are very precious.

By Blogger eph2810, at 7:57 AM  

"The hum of the washing machine and the little kid laughter on Disney give a calming rhythm to my morning."

I love that line, it makes me thankful for the comforts of home.

By Blogger Darlene Schacht, at 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment