Chasing Contentment

Tuesday, March 14

Whew. It feels like everything is moving in fast forward these days... let's see...

I applied for my first job in 14 years. I'm trusting God will provide a job that lets me earn enough to help my family but that also stimulates and engages me.
A friend told us that as we got closer to the move, we'd begin disengaging from those friends who were fun and all but not as close as really close, and I can see that happening already with me. I'm a circle the wagons kinda girl... I want Mandy and Josh at my house all the time until we leave, and it's really important to me that I spend time with a few other girlfriends, but pretty much everyone else is outside of my wagon train.

I want a Hershey bar, and I have given up popcorn because we like it with M&Ms sprinked in...oh, that's yummy. The M&Ms don't melt but they get warm and salty and smushy. Yum. Tum. As our Eliza would say. We're gonna have some candy come Easter day!

I've got this funky toe thing and a phobia of showing my toes sans fake toenails to anyone, but I've now got this really funky big toe thing going on & I think I'm going to have to show my doctor my secret toe shame. Except now it's a public toe shame, isn't it?

And I waded through Judges - a bloody book! - quickly so I could get to Ruth, an oasis of love in the midst of Old Testament ick. And then, it was only four chapters long! Four chapters. That's not enough of an interlude. But I guess with Ruth, as well as with most things these days, I'll take what I can get.

[  posted by Chel on Tuesday, March 14, 2006  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment