Chasing Contentment

Friday, April 21

There have been times in my life when God clearly answered my prayers, though not in the way or timeframe I had desired. I've never been disappointed in His plan for my life, so I work really hard to be content with whatever answers He gives.

But I do admit that it's really astounding and exciting when a prayer is answered in the way I asked. Our friends, Mandy and Josh, have been trying for quite some time now to have a baby, and we found out last night that she's pregnant. Since we found out that we were leaving, my prayer has been that she would be pregnant before we left town. I wanted to be here for at least part of her pregnancy, to be here for that initial excitement.

I'll fly back when the baby's born, of course, and our whole family will fly back during the holidays so the kids can meet the baby. But I will miss living so close to this new baby. I am praying now that God will provide someone here to meet the needs in their lives as they await this precious child and then as they adapt to being parents just as I am praying that God continue to strengthen the bond between us.

What a lovely answer to prayer! Congratulations, Mandy & Josh. You're going to be amazing parents!

[  posted by Chel on Friday, April 21, 2006  ]
[   1 comments  ]


1 Comments:

yes, i agree so much...knowing God answers us even when we don't see it, but to be able to see it so clearly makes it so amazing and exciting. glad to hear the answered prayers for mandy & josh.

and thanks for your prayers.

blessings!
lisa

By Blogger Radical One, at 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment