Chasing Contentment

Wednesday, May 3

Have you ever wished for something knowing all the while it wouldn't work out the way you want? It's a cotton candy wish, no substance to it. And that's okay. Cotton candy wishes are fun because there are no expectations of them.

I've had this cotton candy vision in my head for years of how a certain event would happen in our lives. I always knew it wouldn't work out that way, so it wasn't upsetting to think of the way it really would happen.

And then, for a very short time, it seemed as if my cotton candy wish might turn into something more substantial, something possible... a chocolate cake and ice cream wish. And then it didn't. And when you're planning for cake and ice cream, cotton candy just doesn't seem as enjoyable.

And yet, nothing has really changed from the first reality of how things would go to this reality. And I've very aware of the fact that this is one of those moments in life when my enjoyment of things is based entirely upon my attitude and how I choose to handle myself.

[  posted by Chel on Wednesday, May 03, 2006  ]
[   2 comments  ]


2 Comments:

Okay. Now I'm really confused and in bad need of a sugar fix. ; )

By Blogger Joshua G., at 9:53 AM  

Come on, we're junk food people. I couldn't have used veggies as an illustration about being disappointed that Mike and I weren't going to get to go to his commencement alone, now could I? :)

By Blogger Chel, at 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment