Chasing Contentment

Thursday, May 25

This is my last morning at work. I've cleaned out my office and cleaned off my computer files. I've finished up all but one project, and I'll have it completed later this morning. Around noon, I'll take the keys off my ring and leave them on my desk before walking out of here for the last time.

And I am sad beyond measure. I know without a doubt that this is God's will for my life, for the lives of our families. But it is so hard.

I have worked at this job for 14 years. In truth, this is the only grown-up job I've ever held. The desk I sit at now is only feet away from the desk I sat at on my very first day here. I met Mike in these offices. I have hated people (ok, only one person) and loved people here.

I've been blessed these last few years to work with amazing women who were friends more than co-workers. I will miss them most. But I'll also miss the lady whose office is next to ours & who I can hear talking through the wall. I'll miss the older gentleman who flirted harmlessly with me through the years. I'll miss ... so much. Everything is changing.

I told Mike last night that I am leaving so much. I know that I cannot imagine all that God has for us in our new home, but I know intimately what I'm leaving here in this home. For me, it's always the people. I won't miss the job, but I will miss so many people.

So often I think that in order to enjoy the good things God offers us, we have to be willing to experience the hard things just prior to receiving the good.

[  posted by Chel on Thursday, May 25, 2006  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment