Chasing Contentment

Tuesday, May 9

This morning, I had the distinct pleasure of accompanying my friend, Mandy, to her first ultrasound. And I got to see that precious baby on the monitor. It was a beautiful little monochromatic blob with a heartbeat. I am always astounded that something 7 cm. big could have a heart beating strong enough for me to see it on the screen.

I had lots of ultrasounds with both of my kids because of problems I had, and with each one, I was astounded by that heartbeat. There's something magical about that. There's something humbling in it. God created that baby, and even though it looks like a little blob with a heartbeat to me, God already knows his or her preferences and looks and personality. And that is amazing to me.

[  posted by Chel on Tuesday, May 09, 2006  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment