Chasing Contentment

Friday, June 16

Tomorrow, my Griffin will celebrate his eighth birthday. I usually love birthdays, but tomorrow is also packing/goodbye day for us, and it's going to be a hard day.

I had foolishly thought that I might arrive at some point of readiness... that when this time came, I would be ready to say goodbye. I was wrong.

I am ready to be in Florida. I am ready to begin a new life. I am not ready to say goodbye. I just break into sobs with little to no provocation. My heart is breaking despite the knowledge that this is exactly the right thing for us.

Griff came in tonight in tears... couldn't sleep because he realized he would only be here in this home for two days when he was eight. And he's scared and unsure and all of the things I am, too. I keep telling him that it's okay to be sad and that it's okay to be scared. I admit, though, that in the dark of the night when I can't sleep, I am scared he won't make friends or will be teased or whatnot. That is one of the prayers that I plead to God over and over again.

I trust He will work it out, though, for all of us. I also trust that He will ease us through the loading of the truck tomorrow and the farewell reception tomorrow night. And all of the many other things about to happen in our lives.

We leave here Sunday and will leave for Florida from Baton Rouge Monday morning. I'll be posting again in a few weeks when we're settled. Thank you to everyone who has already (and who will in the future) said prayers for us and this move.

[  posted by Chel on Friday, June 16, 2006  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment