Chasing Contentment

Wednesday, June 14

We received, signed and mailed the mail-away closing papers today on our new Florida house. Griff had to say goodbye to his best friend this morning, and that was hard for all of us (including his friend's mama and me). There are goodbyes still ahead, and those are hard to imagine, though I know we're really close.

And that's pretty much our update. Boxes, more boxes. Goodbyes and more goodbyes. Once we're finally in our new home and have some of the boxes unpacked, I know things will feel better for all of us.

Until then, I take the sweet little 'happies' (as my friend, Stephanie, calls them) that come my way unexpectedly. I went with Mandy to her doctor's appointment yesterday, assuming it was a routine visit, and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was amazing! I was thrilled... reduced to tears (though, admittedly, that's not unusual these days). It was the perfect little surprise for God to send to me.

[  posted by Chel on Wednesday, June 14, 2006  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment