Chasing Contentment

Thursday, July 6

Happy Birthday to my friend, Kate.

Kate is kind and funny and beautiful and generous. She is also an amazing artist. Before we left, she gave me a wonderful going-away gift. She sketched my portrait.

I've always had 'issues' ... insecurities ... with my body issues for as long as I can remember, and for me to be willing to pose for Kate was a big step for me. But because we are friends - having been prayer partners for a few years around the time Eliza was born - I trusted her to do the sketch well. I knew that even if I was unhappy with the body represented, I would be happy with the sketch because it came from a friend.

As it turns out, the sketch is beautiful. And I love everything about it. And that reminds me every time I see it that I am beautiful, if only because Mike thinks so, if only because God loves me... if only because I am loved by friends and family... if only because I love people like Kate.

Happy Birthday.

[  posted by Chel on Thursday, July 06, 2006  ]
[   1 comments  ]


1 Comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment