Chasing Contentment

Tuesday, July 11

What with the packing and the extra week at Mandy's and the two weeks here, it's been more than a month since I did any beading. Two nights ago, I got out my beads and made a necklace for a friend, and I was reminded of how much I enjoy the process. Now, I still have to figure out the best place to settle all of my supplies and beads in the new house and all of that, but it's nice to get back to something familiar.

I am continually surprised that God's given me the ability to do something creative like this. I'm just always delighted when a piece turns out well!

When Mika and Tara and I got together before the move, Tara mentioned (more than once) that neither of them have a piece named after them on my jewelry website. So I've finished Mika's, and I'm planning to have Tara's done this week. And I'm already thinking about the descriptions I'll write for each of them.

One of the greatest blessings God has given me through the years is the continuing relationships with good friends.

[  posted by Chel on Tuesday, July 11, 2006  ]
[   1 comments  ]


1 Comments:

Ok, like I love that piece you have there. That is coola rama! I hope one of the jobs works out. Seems I remember a hymn that says something like, "God will take care of you, through every day, o'er long the way..."

Glad to hear things are going well.

By Blogger Bro. Craig, at 6:27 AM  

Post a Comment