Chasing Contentment

Monday, August 21

My Answered Prayer List
Keeping a list of answered prayers was number 20 on my list of 101 Things to do in 1001 Days. I think it'll be a wonderful way to keep answered prayers - even, maybe especially, the ones that God answers but not necessarily in the ways that I'd expected - in front of me. It'll be a reminder that God does hear my prayers and the petition prayers of those going to the Lord on my behalf.

So, here goes.
1. The husband of a friend got a job that seems well-suited to both him and their family. And he got that job just in time for...
2. The baby they are awaiting. She had been told she wouldn't/couldn't get pregnant again, but she did. (Jan. 2006)
3. Griffin accepted Christ as his Savior. (Jan. 15, 2006)
4. Mike successfully defended his dissertation and has now fully earned his Ph.D. (Feb. 23, 2006)
5. Mike was offered a new job - a wonderful opportunity for all of us. (Feb. 24, 2006)
6. We signed a contract on a new house in Florida. (April 17, 2006)
7. Mandy and Josh are going to have a baby. (April 20, 2006)
8. We closed on our old house... the first we ever owned... and made enough money on the sale to enable us to live through the summer with no incomes. (May 18, 2006)
9. I resigned my job, trusting that God would provide me with another one in our new location. (May 29, 2006)
10. We all arrived safely at our new Florida home. (June 23, 2006)
11. Our nephew, Hayden, was baptized, and we were able to be present. (July 30, 2006)
12. We celebrated 12 years of marriage. (August 13, 2006)
13. I was offered a job. (August 16, 2006)

[  posted by Chel on Monday, August 21, 2006  ]
[   2 comments  ]


2 Comments:

and we thank you and everyone else who has been praying for us. I can't wait to hold our little miracle in my arms.

By Blogger Joshua G., at 12:52 PM  

God is soooooooo good - it was nice reading all the things you are rejoicing over!

By Blogger Kimber, at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment