Chasing Contentment

Wednesday, August 2

My sister-in-law's mother died this morning after a very lengthy battle with cancer. Today is my brother and sister-in-law's wedding anniversary. It's a sad, trying day for the two of them, and my heart breaks with the physical distance between us that will prevent me from being at the funeral and from being much assistance to either of them.

My parents flew in from Arkansas on Saturday to spend a few days with us, and we had a really nice visit. They are on their way home today... God's timing allowed them to spend some good time with us before heading home to support my brother and his wife.

As I search for a job, I am reminded over and over again that God's timing is perfect and mine is not. If I already had a job, I wouldn't have had this wonderful settling in time with my family... I wouldn't have had that great visit with Mandy and Josh... I wouldn't be able to go on the beach trip this weekend with Chuck, Stacy and the kids. God's timing is perfect.

I'm sure that on her anniversary, saying goodbye to her mother doesn't feel like very good timing at all to Nicole. I'm going to be praying for her and her family and John today... praying that God will carry them all in His strong, loving hands.

[  posted by Chel on Wednesday, August 02, 2006  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment