Chasing Contentment

Thursday, August 10

Well, it's been another lonely, sad, frustrating, grumpy day. So I'm making comfort Mexican food for dinner (the food here in Florida is just so bland!), and we're having ice cream for dessert.
Today is the annual Miracle Treat Day at Dairy Queen. The proceeds from the sale of all Blizzards today goes to each local Children's Miracle Network hospital. Eliza spent a very short amount of time (compared to lots of other babies) in the NICU when she was born, and we are now big fans of the CMN. And this is a fabulous excuse to go get comfort ice cream.

Everyone go get a blizzard tonight and help care for a baby or child.

[  posted by Chel on Thursday, August 10, 2006  ]
[   2 comments  ]


2 Comments:

Hi Chel,
The Mexican food sounds yum! I'm about to have garlic sausages myself (I love them though they don't sound appealing I know).

One thing I always appreciate when I visit your blog is your heart for others and your compassion. It really shows through.

Sounds like you have been having a rough time in some ways - there's one person on t'other side of the world thinking of you.

Hope the Meican food and Blizzard hits the spot!

By Blogger Catez, at 12:13 AM  

Catez - Thank you so much. I haven't felt much like my compassion or heart for others was very evident lately. I've felt pretty self-absorbed... I appreciate you saying that I don't come off that way right now.

By Blogger Chel, at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment