Chasing Contentment

Monday, August 28

We're about to get the kids in bed for the evening, and I am completely exhausted. I don't remember school being this intensive or this draining. Of course, I've only got three days to learn all of the required material before being tested on Thursday. And I have to pass the exam in order to actually get to do the work part of my new job. But I must admit that this tired is a good tired... it's that 'I worked my brain' tired. And that's always a good tired.

I made brownies this evening with a new organic brownie mix that actually turned out good (a very rare thing with brownies with no eggs). Brownies are the one thing I miss most about not having eggs (since both kids are allergic). I'm hoping the kids go to sleep quickly, so I can plan something for tomorrow night's dinner and then have brownies and ice cream with Mike. Yum.

In the fatigue of all of this - even in this morning's butterflies - I feel this peace that this is what I'm supposed to be doing at this moment in time. Truly, this is a gift of peace from God.

[  posted by Chel on Monday, August 28, 2006  ]
[   2 comments  ]


2 Comments:

congrats on starting the new job! good luck on the test -- i bet you'll do great :)

By Blogger Kat, at 9:58 AM  

Thanks. It's been a draining, overwhelming two days, but I'm learning a lot.

By Blogger Chel, at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment