Chasing Contentment

Sunday, September 3

Catez tagged me, and it's a quiet little meme, so here goes.

At This Very Moment
1. Are you craving anything, and if so, what?
Mike and I are sitting here in bed, reading the Sunday papers and eating a box of Edy's Dibs. Yum.

2. What is the weather outside and do you wish it would change? It's dark here, so I've got no idea what the weather is. But we spent a wonderful two days at the Daytona Beach area with Chuck, Stacy, and the kids, and the weather was lovely. Clear blue skies, white tipped waves, soft sand. Perfect.

3. What two websites do you think you'll go to next after here? Netflix, to check my queue, and the Google page I've saved relating to churches in our new area. I'm determined that we'll attend church here next Sunday, so I've got to get busy making a list of possibilities.

4. Do you wish you were somewhere else, and if so, where? Curled up here in bed with the quiet humming of the baby monitor and Mike reading aloud to me (which I hate) seems like the perfect place to be. I'd wish, though, for a magic way to stop time and give me several extra hours of sleep tonight before the kids wake up ready to greet their day off.

5. Do you wish you were someone else, and if so, who? Nope. With this move, I've gained new confidence and a renewed appreciation of... me. But I might wish to be a me who lived in a house with laundry, cleaning, and grocery fairies. Elves would work, too. Oh, how I love the idea of house elves in Harry Potter... little beings to do the chores while I slept. Probably every mama's wish.

And I now tag... Kat, my new Florida blogging friend; Josh, my old friend; Lisa, whose blog I always enjoy; and YOU. I've been getting hits on the blog from folks I don't know... if you visit but don't comment, take this opportunity to consider yourself tagged. Be sure to let me know where your answers are!

Happy Labor Day!

** Josh responded - 9/5

[  posted by Chel on Sunday, September 03, 2006  ]
[   3 comments  ]


3 Comments:

Ok - I checked out Edy's Dibs (new one for me) and saw the words "chocolate coating" all down the page and fell in love.
lol.

I love reading in bed on the weekends.

I'm glad your beach trip went well - you deserved it. One request - if any housework fairies turn up and you end up with a surplus of helpers, could you send some my way? They will find themselves occupied in no time.

Thanks for doing this Chel - I'm going to link it in the post.

By Blogger Catez, at 8:42 PM  

Well, we slept in late and enjoyed the extra rest, but turns out, no fairies. Ah, well. :)

By Blogger Chel, at 6:38 AM  

SO funny - we were wishing for cleaning fairies or elves just this weekend...but it turns out that the elves I was wishing for look a lot like ME...but none of them look anything like my kids....just exactly like ME and my husband...hee hee!!

Great tag :) I hope Kat does it too!

Hope you find a great church soon too :) And congrats on passing the "test" - yea!
Blessings

By Blogger Kimber, at 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment