Chasing Contentment

Thursday, September 28

Happy, Happy Birthday! Whenever I think of the Happy Birthday song, I think of the one on Rolie Polie Olie, probably because we watched that show for so many years with Griff. So today, here's a Happy Happy Birthday to Mike.

I cannot imagine this life without you. I cannot imagine any life without you, to be honest. You make me laugh like no one else, and while you drive me crazy by being a smart-ass, you also crack me up. You are a lousy, wretched girlfriend, but you're an amazing husband and father, and I am delighted to get to spend my days and nights with you for forever. I am proud of you, annoyed by you, drowningly in love with you.

So, for today, may your students be attentive and participate in thoughtful and intelligent ways... may the news be good but bad enough to provide interesting writing... may the Astros continue their late-season hot streak. Go, 'stros!

[  posted by Chel on Thursday, September 28, 2006  ]
[   3 comments  ]


3 Comments:

Happy Birthday, Mike!

By Blogger Joshua G., at 4:43 AM  

I'm so glad I check the blog today. Happy Birthday, Mike! Terri & I will be in St. Louis watching the ballgame on Saturday, so it could be an interesting race by them.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:43 PM  

chel:

may all my birthdays be spent the same way we spent yesterday. with family, having fun, asleep with you. (wouldn't hurt if the stros were always in contention either)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment