Chasing Contentment

Thursday, September 14

Home is such a precious word. It means so many things. In the end, God is my first and final home. Here on this earth, I feel most at home in Mike's arms. Home is more than a place. And in all honesty, this place isn't home yet.

I think we'll finally be settled here when Eliza stops calling this house her 'new home' and simply says 'let's go home.' I've worked really hard to talk about this as home and to not talk about our former place as home. It's been an effort on my part, but I think it's really important for the kids to know that this is our home now.

That said, I'm going home this weekend. I fly out early Saturday morning and back in late Sunday night, so it'll be a long weekend for me. I'll be worn out Monday, but it'll be worth it. I've been so homesick.

And I'm going to get to see Mandy and Josh and feel little Olivia kick in Mandy's tummy. And I'm going to get to visit with Linda and Aleece and to meet Aleece's little Ella. I can hardly stop grinning just thinking about it!

I've got everyone praying for me, too, because I've never flown alone before, and airports wig me out. But I've got a good book to read on the flight and an anticipation like no other.

[  posted by Chel on Thursday, September 14, 2006  ]
[   1 comments  ]


1 Comments:

So, how was the weekend??? It sounds wonderful to go "home" and visit! I am jealous -- in a good way -- glad for you and longing for my turn to go "home."

By Blogger Kat, at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment