Chasing Contentment

Thursday, September 7

I've finally fnished the first round of training for my new job, and tomorrow I'll begin the next round (after getting fingerprinted for my background search). I'm worn out. I'm the oldest one in the group, and it's a bit disorienting to realize that I could have baby-sat some of these people. I was dating before they were walking. A friend of mine told me that couldn't be true because we were still young. Clearly, we're not as young as we thought.

Throughout the week, I've spent some time wondering what the heck I was doing at this company. I don't have any business, non-communications experience. But I've trusted that God put me here for a reason, though I certainly don't know what it is. And then this morning, the girl next to me asked me a question about marriage. And while I didn't mention my faith in my answer, I think the door may be open to that. And I was able to tell her that I believe marriages are forever... at least they should be. And I am humbled that I was given the opportunity to share. I am deeply grateful that my representation of my marriage has been positive enough that she would trust me to ask such a question.

I'm always one not to assume I'm being used for anything, but I appreciate that it seems that God may be answering my prayer that I be used by Him.

[  posted by Chel on Thursday, September 07, 2006  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment