Chasing Contentment

Wednesday, October 11

One of the coaches helping us today at work sat at my station to answer a question for me, and while I was on hold, he and I were chatting. He is this cute young man with funky hair and a funny personality. I told him he was cute as a button, and he blushed. I asked how old he was, and when he told me, I told him I could be his mother, to which he kindly laughed.

I asked if he was married, and he smile and told me he was engaged. And then he told me how he and his fiance had been dating for five years and that they were waiting until she got her college degree to get married. And then he told me that the two of them had been raised similarly and that they had met in church. And he just shared with me, and it was sweet. It was nice to meet another Christian in my big corporate world. And it was encouraging that maybe if we teach our kids what we believe, they will, indeed, take that with them.

[  posted by Chel on Wednesday, October 11, 2006  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment